Thursday, May 24, 2012

I'm baaaack...again..

Sometimes having a blog stresses me out...there I said it. You may think that's crazy as I haven't update since January...January are you serious?!? I faithfully read about 20 or so blogs a night before I go to bed. It's my guilty pleasure. I get Deacon in bed and then I catch up on the blog world. I'm going to make it my goal to post more often this summer. I also just found out today that my sister has blog she is faithfully updating....and I thought if she can do it so can I! I don't know how I missed the fact she had a blog.....maybe I can blame it on the very busy 23 month old I have living in my house.

I hope to get in the habit of updating now that I'm on summer break. Summer break is sooo much cooler than I remember when I was in school. We have been having so much fun this summer and we have only been off 3 days. The one thing I'm trying to do this summer is be intentional about my parenting. Parenting is hard work but sometimes we get so caught up in our kids general well-being that it becomes a routine and before we know it days are passing but are they really counting? I don't want to go back to my "other" kids in August and realize I missed precious opportunities with Deacon this summer. So..we are making it a point to do something with him each day of the week that we may not normally do. I'm sure you've seen these ideas on pinterest and other blogs. Here is the schedule we will be loosely following:

  • Monday Funday-A fun activity planned as a family since Derek is off on Mondays
  • Take Me to the Movies Tuesday-On Tuesday the movie theatre near our hometown shows $1 movies. We hope to go to several or let Deacon watch a movie at home. We don't let Deacon watch too many shows so this is a treat.
  • Worship Wednesdays- On Wednesday we will spend time talking about a bible story and doing a fun activity to go with it.
  • Thoughtful Thursdays-On this day we will do a random act of kindness for someone.
  • Family Craft Friday-On Fridays we will make a craft with the family
I would like to thank ThePoeFam and Pinterest for the wonderful idea. We will be starting this Monday and we can't wait!

In the meantime, I'd like to share a picture we took of Deacon last night. I have been dying to try out the sidewalk paint recipe on Pinterest. It worked like a charm


SIDEWALK PAINT

1/2 cup water

1/2 cup corn starch

food coloring

1. Mix corn starch and water. At first it feels like they will never mix but just keep stirring.

2. Divide your mixture into different bowls/containers. We used our Melissa and Doug no spill paint cups that we love.

3. Add food coloring.

4. Enjoy

 

Until next time.....

 

3 comments:

  1. Yay for a new blog post! I agree, blogging IS stressful. It is just one other thing to add to the list of things to do. However, I love looking back on my own blog, not to mention reading others at night (I read on my kindle while nursing!) so I try to do it even though I'm not sure anyone is reading it but me!

    I am trying to be more deliberate and post comments when I read these days - letting the author know I am here. But that takes time, too!

    What is your sister's blog address? I would love to add it to my goodle reader!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her blog is sweetsouthernnothings.blogspot.com

    That is a great idea about commenting more. I need to do that as well! I loved your vacation recap. I love the beach!!

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs